Tel: 01342 712033
Fax: 01342 717682
Welcome to Copthorne Golf Club
Copthorne, a lovely old course set in attractive woodland, has been a private members club ever since its founding in 1892.
Situated half way between East Grinstead and Crawley and only five minutes from Junction 10 on the M23, the Club is very accessible but also offers a haven away from the hustle and bustle of life in the area. The quiet atmosphere is created by the trees, many of them hundreds of years old, which absorb the noise of the world about them.
The Clubhouse, which overlooks the 18th green, offers friendly and up to date accommodation both for golf and social events. In 2001, a major development was completed to upgrade the locker rooms and build a new Professional's shop integral with the main building.
The course is a challenging heathland/woodland combination laid out originally in the early 1900s with modifications made by James Braid in the 1930's and by Bill Cox in the early 1980's. It has been the venue for National, Regional and County Championships.
Renowned, from earliest times, for its hospitality, the Club is very pleased to welcome visitors.